- Save by displaying “Pride of Ownership”. Most companies have a preferred home program where, if you meet the higher standards, you pay less for insurance. If the company sees that you care about your home, it can pay off.
- Fire Extinguisher + Smoke Alarm + Deadbolts = Savings. Many companies have a discount for homes with protective devices installed. Get extra savings if you have a burglar alarm.
- How old is your roof? Let your agent know if you install new shingles, the savings can be substantial.
- No mortgage or line of credit? Let us know, studies find that debt free homeowners are more attractive to insure, so prices can go down.
- Have your auto insurance and home insurance with the same company. This is the single biggest money saver we’ve seen. Think about getting the lowest “total insurance cost” by bringing all your policies under one company’s protection.
**Contact a Behnke Insurance Agent for details**